004. Rescue / 005. Cellar / 006. Abandoned House

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Forgot to post for a little while. I wrote these down on my phone and then didn't transfer them.
...
004. Rescue
3 October

I dreamed I was in a redwood forest, like in the California northwest:


I guess I was working as a park ranger or something, because this man came running up to me and a few other men in great distress saying his wife had been hurt. We found her at the base of a big tree with her arm gone, and not cleanly; it looked like it had been chewed off by something, not cut. We  thought she would die, but she didn't. It was too dangerous to move her, so we built a fence of rocks and sticks to keep her safe [though I get the feeling this isn't standard park ranger protocol...].

Then the same group of men and I rescued this little girl who had been kidnapped. She was seven and couldn't remember her life before being captured. I was the only one she would talk to -- I think the men scared her -- and I was trying to figure out how long she had been away from her family. She had no idea what months or years were, only days, and couldn't tell me how many there had been. She couldn't sleep so I read her a picture book about a mouse.

...

005. Cellar
6 October

I was back on the east coast, on a big farm. There was a decrepit old house and this cannibal guy(?) lived in it. He kept changing shape so I'm not sure what he actually looked like. People would bring him offerings -- normal food, mostly, but also treasure and weirder things -- and he kept them in the cellar. Somehow I ended up with his key, even though I didn't want it and didn't really want to work for the guy, because he was, well, a cannibal. I had to go into the cellar for some reason, but while I was in there thieves broke into the house. I locked the cellar and slunk away before they could see me, reasoning that the man would be happier to have the key back than he would if I tried to fight the thieves and lost. I didn't get to see whether I was right, though, because I woke up. 

...

006. Abandoned House
9 October

This is starting to become a theme -- there was an abandoned house, a different one, and these girls locked me inside and told me it was a maze and I had to find my way out. There was something or someone in the house with me, but I never caught enough of a glimpse to tell what it was. I think it was a man? I saw its shadow on the wall and it didn't look like a human's shadow, but I don't know. Whatever it was, if it had malevolent intentions they weren't towards me, because the dream didn't have a nightmare feeling and it never actually hurt/followed/threatened/showed itself to me.

Anyways, the girls who shut me in the house told me I had to find my way through the maze to get out. I could hear my dog barking next to the door they'd thrown me in through, so I kept the house's walls on my right and the sound of him barking behind me and I found my way out on the first try. The girls were really mad, and I told them they hadn't designed their maze very well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment